Collection: Daughter of Jairus
ARTIST: Louis Glanzman
"Seeing Jesus, [Jairus] fell at his feet and made this earnest appeal: 'My little daughter is critically ill. Please come and lay your hands on her so that she may get well and live...' He had not finished speaking when people from the official's house arrived saying 'Your daughter is dead...' Jesus disregarded the report... and said to the official, 'Fear is useless. What you need is trust...' Jesus took the child's father and mother where the child lay. Taking her hand he said to her, 'Talitha Koum.' 'Little girl get up.' The little girl, a child of twelve, stood up immediately and began to walk around...”
(Mark 5:21-24; 35-43)
The Raising of the Daughter of Jairus
1. And behold, there came one of the wardens of the synagogue, Jairus by name. And when he saw Him, he fell at His feet and implored Him, saying, "My little daughter is at the point of death. I beg You, come and lay Your hands on her, so that she may be healed and live." And Jesus went with him, and many people joined Him and crowded around Him.
2. And there was a woman who had been bleeding for twelve years and had suffered much at the hands of many physicians and had spent all that she had for this purpose; and nothing had improved, but rather grew worse.
3. As she had heard of Jesus, she pushed her way behind Him and touched His garment. For she said to herself, "If I only touch His garment, I will get well." And immediately the blood stopped flowing. And she felt in her body that she was healed of her plague.
4. And Jesus, Himself, immediately felt that a power had gone out of Him, and turned to the people crowded around Him, saying, "Who touched my garment?" And His disciples said to Him, "You see that the crowd is pushing and ask: Who touched Me?"
5. And He looked around to see the one who had done this. But the woman, fearing and trembling - as she knew what had happened in her - came and fell before Him and told Him the whole truth. But He said to her, "My daughter, your faith has made you whole. Go in peace, and be healed of your disease." (Chap. 22:1-5)
I, Christ, explain, correct and deepen the word:
What happened then can also happen today. For behold, you who read My words, the Christ no longer walks in Jesus over this earth - the Christ, O human child, is in you! And wherever you are, wherever you go: I Am the power of redemption in you, which also brings about the healing of your body, if this is good for your soul. You, O man, need not seek Me - you find Me in you! You need not go here or there - I Am in you! And wherever you are, I Am there. Withdraw into a quiet chamber and enter into the little chamber of your heart in order to pray from your heart. In prayer, bring your heart's concerns to Me, who dwell in you, and believe that I can do everything.
And if you do not allow any doubt in your faith in Me, what is good for you will happen and serves the salvation of your soul. Just as the law "your faith has helped you" applied at that time, so it does today. And if you do not sin anymore - by striving to keep the commandments of life - your request is already answered in your soul. Salvation will then become effective in your soul and on your body, if it serves the further development of your soul.
6. While He was still speaking, some servants of the synagogue warden came and said, "Your daughter has died. Why do you trouble the Master further?"
7. As soon as Jesus heard the words that were spoken, He said to the warden of the synagogue, "Be not afraid, but just believe." And He let no one follow Him, except Peter, James and John, the brother of James.
8. And He came into the house of the warden of the synagogue and saw the crowd and the minstrels of the temple, and they were all weeping and wailing loudly.
9. And when He had come in, He said to them, "Why are you making this noise and weeping so? The girl has not died, she is just sleeping." And they laughed at Him; for they thought she was dead, and they did not believe Him. But after He had driven them all out, He took two of His disciples with Him and entered into the room where the girl was lying.
10. And He grasped the girl by the hand and said to her, "Talitha cumi!" This means something like, "Girl, I say to you, get up!"
11. And straightaway the girl arose and walked around. She was twelve years old. And they were exceedingly amazed.
12. And He strictly ordered them that nobody should make it known, and commanded that she should be given something to eat. (Chap. 22:6-12)
I, Christ, explain, correct and deepen the word:
Recognize My deeds in the depths of your heart, not only as Jesus of Nazareth, but also as the Christ of God. For I Am come again to you in the Spirit of love, in order to help and serve you.
As long as the silver cord - also called the information cord - which joins soul and body is not yet severed from the body, the spiritual circulation still exists and the life forces still flow from the unburdenable nucleus of the soul, God, into the soul - from the soul into the body and from the body back to the soul and to the nucleus of the soul, God. I saw this in the girl and first spoke silently with the power of My Father in Me, the indwelling I Am. Then I established a spiritual connection with the soul of the child and through it increased the flow of cosmic energies to the silver cord. This enhanced life force then flowed, via the nucleus of the soul, into the soul and, via the soul, into the brain cells and the organism of the child. This is how I raised the human being from so-called death.
In this way, I brought back into the flesh all those whose time in the earthly garment had not yet expired. They would have left the earth only because of outer circumstances which deprived the soul of its support and thereby would have driven it out of the body earlier than was predetermined for it according to the cosmic laws.
It is written in the law of life that a certain earthly life cycle is predetermined for each soul in the earthly garment. This cycle includes the possibility of an earlier or a later death of the earthly garment. The earthly death can occur within this time span, too. During this time span, I, as Jesus of Nazareth, could, with the power of the Spirit, call the souls back to their earthly existence.
I accomplished these works of love when it was good for the soul and the person. From the consciousness radiation of the soul, I recognized whether soul and person would burden themselves anew during their extended earthly existence or would strengthen their faith in the Eternal by forgiving, asking for forgiveness and by making amends.
The commandment for all human beings is: If your faith is as great as a mustard seed, then many things can happen in and to you out of the works of divine love.
—Excerpts from “Universal Life, The Inner Religion"